Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Big Daddy

This is probably the last Christmas Card that i will be making for this year. I think that i've saved the best for last. This is for my husband, Steve, who I always call Big Daddy. He's the best! he's kind, considerate, very generous, a wonderful husband and an excellent father. He's the love of my life. I know that he will love this card. He's proud of what i do, and shows off my cards to everyone...

For the flowers, OMG, what a pain...i stamped 4 images, water colored and then used crystal effects on the main image. I then cut out the other 3 images, so that the leaves could move, and used crystal effects again on all the images. IRL the flowers have a 3 dimensional look. I'm very happy with this card and can't wait to give it to him on Christmas morning! Thanks for looking...gotta go back to the kitchen and start baking!

Recipe
Cardstock: Old Olive, River Rock, Purely Pom, white, and SU Holiday Harmony
Ink: Old Olive, Purely Pom, Basic Black
Stamps: Hero Arts Poinsetter, and Michaels Sentiment
Embellies: Gold Organza ribbon, gold cording, glittered berries, and leaves

4 comments:

Velta said...

Lorraine ~ This card is stunning. I am going to try the crystal effects technique you gave. Your hubby will surely be stunned with this one...Thanks for your comments...as for sending me ribbon...I'll be happy to :)

Rosella said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Sounds like your dear hubby totally deserves it.
Have a great Christmas!!

Laurie Unger said...

It may have been a pain...but so worth it! This is just stunning! Your DH will just love this!

Whimsey said...

Very pretty and sparkly; bet Big Daddy loves it!!

May Arts Ribbon

May Arts Ribbon
A few of my favorite things