Tuesday, June 10, 2008

For Father

I can't believe that Father's Day is this Sunday! I thought that i had another week!
It's been so brutally hot here in New York that the thought of going outside makes me want to melt. My basement is nice and cool and since that is still where my craft room is located it is the perfect spot to be in today. I made these two cards using the SU set called For Father. It took me some time to figure out the image. It looked a little facockta to me. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what the thing was behind the shoe. Finally it came to me that it was the bottom of the other shoe! I thought that it was a pillow , and that just didn't make any sense to me! LOL!
These are very simple. they need to go out in the mail today since they are both being mailed out to Florida. One is for my father and the other is for my father in law. I'll work on Steve's this week.
Thanks for looking and have a great day. I hope that you are all keeping cool!
Smiles :)
Lorraine




Recipe
Stamps ... SU For Father
Ink...choc chip, creamy caramel, close to cocoa
paper...SU close to cocoa, choc chip, vanilla, & SU dp
embellies...SU ribbon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I can see where that would throw you! You'd think you would see more of the other boot, but I guess the pup is laying on it! ...and he's a cutie!

You are way ahead of me! I don't have anything "manly" to stamp! Not sure how I'll solve that problem! LOL

Been terribly hot here too, except today has been rain/storms off and on!

Marilyn said...

These are wonderful Father's Day cards - I can't believe Father's Day is this Sunday either! Man - gotta get those cards in the mail - thanks for the reminder!

Rosella said...

These are perfect Father's Day cards! Love the dp you used for them. I thought I had another week too! Time just goes by too fast.

Donelda said...

What a couple of cute cards!! I love that cute little puppy dog!! I love that designer paper - some of my most favorite SU paper!!!

Stampin' Meg said...

LOL_I had the same problem with that bit too and posted a thread over on SCS about it... I wasn't sure if maybe it was some sort of decoy. Your cards turned out very cute.

May Arts Ribbon

May Arts Ribbon
A few of my favorite things