Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Stella Ruby to the rescue

I was ready to give up on this but I am so glad that I was persistent and kept at it! In my Basic Grey stash I found this lovely sheet of paper from the Stella Ruby collection. And it was orange and black. I don't think that it looks like a Halloween card at all. If fact I'm very happy with the outcome.
I have two more cards to make this week. 2 masculine cards for birthdays. Check back in a day or two for my progress on these! I've got a busy week. Thursday is the Graduation ceremony, and Saturday is the party for the family, small, we'll only be 50! LOL!
Enjoy!
Smiles :)
Lorraine

Recipe
image ...Bella
paper... black, orange, Stella Ruby DP from Basic Grey
embellies...prima flowers, brads, sheer ribbon, sewing machine

13 comments:

Patty Williams said...

Yay...you did it and did it fantastically (is that a word?!)

Awesome card! Love all the sewing, guess I should look for one of those Janome's! Nope, doesn't look Halloweenish at all. Very stylish and modern chic. You've got such a great eye for color/layering.. it's wonderful!

I have a few masculine cards to do too and they always seem so hard... most of them don't appreciate alot of flowers! LOL

Good luck with all your activites this week. Make sure you take a little time to breathe in between all the chaotic fun !

Congrats again to Chelsea!

Lesa said...

Wow! This card is fabulous! I love all the details. Great job!

Melzie said...

It came out great!! No ghouls need to be on it at all! ;) Really, it's lovely!!

Anonymous said...

This turned out perfect!!!
Congrats to your dd!

Unknown said...

This turned out so well! A beautiful Bella card!!!

Lesly said...

This card is fabulous. It doesn't look at all like Halloween. Congrats on Chelsea's graduation. Try and rest once in a while.

Jean said...

The sewing really works well. It was so worth the effort.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the stitching!!

May have to CASE this sketch.

I love bellas!

Tracy said...

This is beautiful! It is not Halloweenish at all. She will love it!

UrgentCookie said...

Great grad card! Love the look. :0)

Dori Shelton said...

Wow! Stunning card. Love the layout and design.

Kara said...

I Think you did fantastic on this black and orange card! Don't look like halloween at all. How did you do the background? How did your daughter like it?

Lorraine said...

We gave the card to Chelsea last night after Graduation with her gift of a brand new Mac Book laptop. She was thrilled! She loved the card and really appreciated me using her school colors. She was showing the card to her friends last night before they all went out.
Kara, the background is Basic Grey DP. and the main image panel was sponged. Thanks for asking!

May Arts Ribbon

May Arts Ribbon
A few of my favorite things