Friday, October 17, 2008

Cupcake Birthday envies!

My husband asked me to make him two gift envelopes for my nephews, Peter and Paul. They are celebrating their 3rd birthdays on Sunday. They are so cute! (The twins!) I'm gonna miss the party but not the fun! I'll be on Royal Carribeans' Mariner of the Seas while they are eatting birthday cake!
These gift envelopes are on the plain side, but I was really is a rush to get these done. You can really dress them up and make them your own by adding all kinds of embellishments, using your circle punches, prima flowers, stickles, dazzling diamonds, or what ever else you've got. The choices are endless!

This is an easy and fun project to do. It's a card envelope...perfect size for that cash gift or for enclosing a check. I think that they took me 15 minutes to do. It takes more time deciding color combos and stamps to use!

One sheet of 12 x 12 designer paper and 4 pieces of 8 1/2 x 11 card stock will make 4 envelopes.

First start by cutting your card stock so that it is 8" x 7 ". Place your paper so that the 8" is across the top in your paper cutter. Slide your paper to the right so that the end is at the 6 1/8 " and score...slide your paper to the right again so that the end of the paper is at the 3" line and score again. Set this aside.

cut your designer paper 6 3/4 " by 2 3/4 ". This will be your cover on your envelope.Or if you'd like the entire envelope cute your paper 6 3/4" x 7 3/4". Iff not using dp decorate and stamp your paper. With adhesive place the designer paper onto your card stock so that it is on the end that is 3". Fold your card up so that the dp is on the outside and the smaller flap is on the inside. I used a 1 3/8" circle punch to make a notch on the smaller flap.

If you would like the inside of your card to have a finished look, but a piece of coordinating card stock 6 3/4 " x 2 3/4 " and stamp with a sentiment.

For the band around the envelope cut your card stock 7" x 1 3/8 ". Cut a piece of dp 7" x 1 1/4". with adhesive layer your dp on top of your card stock. This will be your band to go around the envelope. Fold your layered band around your card envelope so that both pieces meet in the front of the card. glue together. and then decorate...i used some ribbon that I had and glued this on top of the paper. I then stamped the Happy Birthday in Versa MArk and then Brillant Blue, and heat embossed with Clear EP. I punched it out with my SU Scallop punch! Use a dimentional to attach to the band. Slide the band onto the card and your done. Clear as mud! LOL! Thanks for looking.
Have a great day!
Smiles :)
Lorraine



Stamps...SU So many Scallops
Paper...unknown
Embellishments...ribbon, unknown (Nordstroms gift package I think! lol) Versa Mark, Clear EP

2 comments:

nancyruth said...

perfect for the twins, and thanks for the directions!!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute, since you have the directions up I may have to try that out sometime soon.

May Arts Ribbon

May Arts Ribbon
A few of my favorite things