Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Napping on thistle

What a crazy weekend we all had. It was a whirlwind of activities celebrating my sister's birthday. She is so much fun to be around that I wish that we could see each other more often. She lives in California and it's not always easy to get together. She left Sunday and I miss her already! My two sisters are planning a 12 day cruise to Ireland next summer and they want me to come along with them. Just us sisters! I hope that I can convience my husband to let me go. It's one thing to take a two week trip as a family, but a whole different ball game traveling for that long without them!
This card is a HouseMouse, and is called Napping on Thistle. I used my copic markers to color this in. (I only have Box A of the copics and am thinking that I need to get another set, probably Box B. I'll have to wait a month or two. I have been ordering lots of stamps from different companies and need to stop spending so much, especially if I want to go on that cruise next year! LOL)
Getting back to the card, I sponged around the image, and attempted to use the SU scallop border punch and screwed up on one punch so I kept screwing up and liked the outcome. It kind of looks like a fancy border. I added a little stickles to the flowering thistle.
Enjoy! Have a great day!
Smiles :)
Lorraine

6 comments:

Amber said...

This is such a cute card! I love the sponging around the edges. I hope you get to go on the cruise... sounds wonderful!

patty w said...

Oh, you know how I love these little fella's !! I love the thistles too! They are gorgeous in their own right and so is the card!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Your coloring is fantastic on this card!!! Love the sparkle on the thistle ... looks great!!

Joan B said...

this is so cute. love the coloring and the card just leaps off the page.

Tish said...

I just love those mice!!! it's such a beautiful picture .. very nice coloring. I'm enjoying all your cards!

Marilyn said...

I wish I had your coloring skills! What a fun card! Glad you had a good time with your sis - and sure hope you get to go with them next year on that cruise to Ireland - sounds wonderful!

May Arts Ribbon

May Arts Ribbon
A few of my favorite things