Thursday, August 28, 2008

Knobbly Gnome for MIchele

I'd like to thank those of you who have continued to read my blog even though it wasn't craft related. I did lose a few subscribers, so I thank those of you who have been kind enough to stick with me. :)

This is a card that I made for my sister, Michele. She will be 60 tomorrow. My siblings and I bought her a round trip ticket from California so that we could celebrate with her. Tomorrow on her birthday we are going to the CIA (Culinary Institute of America) in Hyde Park, NY. She's never been there so it will be a real treat for her. We have a weekend packed full of things to do with her before we put her back on the plane on Sunday.
I wanted this card to be soft and used one of my favorite images from Knobbly Gnomes. It's a retired SU set. The dp is from K & Company. Copics were used to color in the image, along with some distressing and some sponging. This card measures 5 1/4 " square.
Enjoy!
Smiles :)
Lorraine


Recipe
card stock ...Rose red, river rock, Pink Pirouette, K & Company dp
Image...SU Knobbly Gnomes
Embellies...River rock ds ribbon, baubles, prima flowers, rhinestone brad, and scallop punch

10 comments:

~ j said...

what a beautiful card! i love the K&Co paper you used.

Judy Rozema said...

Wow!! Your card is beautiful - I love the pinks!

AND WOWSERS!!! to all your gorgeous trip pictures!!!!!

Patty Williams said...

I haven't unsubscribed !! (am I even subscribed??...that's odd, had never noticed the sign up thing!) I come here on my own! LOL

That card is SO gorgeous! So pretty...such pretty colors...just adorable!

Now, NO more trips for a long time and certainly not for that long!

Missed ya! (it's been chaotic here, school started on Tuesday and we are all trying to get back into a routine and we're tired!)

Patty Williams said...

ROFLOL at myself !

I AM subscribed ! I told ya it's been a chaotic, exhausting week!

Anonymous said...

She is going to love your card because it is gorgeous...I hope she has fun and enjoys her day.

CathyRose said...

Your sister will love this card, it is gorgeous! It sounds like you have planned a wonderful birthday for her.

Anonymous said...

I really like the colors you used here. Very pretty!!

Whimsey said...

It's been a mini-vacation for me to travel along!! :D

Great cad; love it. And congrats to Chelsea!!!

Unknown said...

I have this set, and never use it. I should break it out again one of these days. I love all the pink! I always felt like I had to do my Gnomes in Earth Elements colors. Not sure why.

Great pictures too! It looks like you had a blast!

Anonymous said...

very lovely colors!

May Arts Ribbon

May Arts Ribbon
A few of my favorite things